Tuesday, July 17, 2012

lately.

I'm not going to apologize for being a terrible blogger because it annoys me when people do that in.every.post.  We all get busy in different seasons of our lives and the posts slow way down. 

That is my life right now.

My sister gets married in less than three weeks and the "last weeks frantic-ness" has completely set in.  We got all her pictures edited, picked out, sized, printed, and put in frames. 

thank.good.ness. 

Totally breathed a whole heck of a lot easier when that was done.

My next job was to create invitations for one of her showers that the bridesmaids are hosting.  Did that last week (about a week later than I wanted), addressed the envelopes and sent them out.  Speaking of - we are so past the days of RSVP's.... many people have told me they got them and are coming, but zero have actually RSVP'ed. 

 Anyways, moving on.

The activities/food/games for the party are mentally prepared, but I haven't had a chance to actually gather all the items needed.  That's the next step.

On top of that, i'm helping decorate their new house.  Which is so very exciting, but again "'can I have more hours in my days?"

My weekends are full of showers where I sit in a chair, next to my sister, with my cute notebook and write out "Givers and Gifts" for thank you notes.  I smile for the camera while jokingly saying, "Maid of Honor Duties!!"

Maid.Of.Honor.Duties.

I never knew how time-consuming it was actually going to be.  I love my sister more than anything and love that I can help so much.  Truly... it's nice to be needed some times  :)

The stressful issue right now:  school.

With all this other going on, not to mention waiting to hear interview final results, I haven't been able to work in my room.  I went for the first time last week, took pictures, and then came home to layout my classroom on paper. 

I've tried three times to figure out the placement of my furniture and just stare at the paper.  I've never had a hard time arranging furniture and laying out a room.  It's like one of my favorite things.  But this one has got me.  So like every stressed out girl does.... I cried.

There is just a lot of change in my life and it's getting close to the weeks where it's actually going to affect me.  Losing a sister, gaining a brother.  Getting used to not sharing a bathroom, helping her pick out her clothes, doing her hair, and all the other that comes from our super close relationship.  Being the only one on this side of the hall upstairs.  Moving schools.  Moving rooms.  Moving Grades.  Making new friends (which I don't do well).

It's all too much. lol

It sure helps to write it all out though doesn't it?

God is good.
He is for me.
He is with me. every. step. of the way.


No comments: