Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dream, Predict, Plan... The Day My Sister Gets Married

You dream about this day since you were a tiny little girl.  You wonder if you know the man you'll end up marrying, if he is right beside you the entire time, if you go to the same high school, or if it's a complete stranger.  You plan your wedding years before it's actually time.

and then you blink.

It's here.

Casie is the best sister and friend I could ever ask for.  The Lord knew exactly what He was doing when He made us sisters.

It's hard to put in words all that my sister means to me.  I wish I could really express it to you, but I can't.

Although she is younger than me, I look up to her in many ways.

She has a smile that lights up any room.  She has been the person I go to in any situation.  She is the best listener and has never once made me feel judged - even if it's a silly doubt that most people get annoyed with, laugh at, or even roll their eyes at... she is patient with me and acts as if she understands.  She.Is.There.

She is a true friend who will get up in the middle of the night if you need her.  I've seen it countless times when friends call her in the late night/early morning hours in a crisis cause they don't know who else to call.

She cries with me when I need to cry.  She listens when I need to vent.  She prays for me when I can't pray for myself.

She is my best friend.

Jordan is marrying one of the most genuine people i've ever met.  She doesn't pretend to know all the answers or be someone she is not.  She will love him honestly and whole-heartedly, and will always have his back.  He is truly a lucky man.

Casie and I have a prediction wall on the inside of our bathroom cabinet where we make predictions of who each other is going to marry.  It's so fun having a sister :)  When I added mine to the wall I told her, "I WILL BRING THIS OUT AT YOUR WEDDING! Cause mine is right!!"  And I did just that.  I showed it when I gave my Maid of Honor Speech last night.


We have known that Jordan and Casie would get married for years and really he is already considered part of our family.  As cliche as it sounds, I truly cannot picture her with anyone else.

While i'm so not ready for her to move out and will miss her even though she is only ten minutes away.... I love them both and am truly happy for them.

Jordan, thank you for loving my sister!

And Casie,  YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!


1 comment:

M. said...

Aww! That was beautiful:)


Congratulations to your sister too!