Friday, October 16, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today October 16, 2009


Outside my window... it's dark and I can't see a thing.


I am thinking... that it's one thing to hear news, but it's completely different to see it in writing. I got my letter in the mail yesterday from Region 7 that says I am highly qualified in the areas of Generalist EC-4 and Music EC-12 and am now eligible for employment. Is this really happening?


I am thankful for... the soveriegnty of God.


From the learning rooms (slowly switching roles from student to teacher)... I'm working on completing my observation hours before December and attending workshops once a month to prepare me for my first year of teaching.


Our new Superintendent made every employee of MISD come up with goals for the 2009 - 2010 school year. We met with our Principal this week to discuss how we were going to measure those goals and discuss how to get started. Since my plans are to be a teacher within the next year, I figured my goals should help in preparing me for that position. I am now keeping a log of my classroom time, teaching (and documenting it) once every two weeks, attending The Learning Circle for first and second year teachers, and tutoring for third grade math on Monday's and Thursdays. I am so excited!


From the kitchen... Subway was for dinner tonight!


I am wearing... a brown t-shirt and grey fleece pants. Bed time is approaching even though it's only 8:53.


I am creating... a time log for classroom observations, a list of educational terms that I have yet to master, and a notebook with tutoring activities. Nothing decorative, but still very exciting!


I am going... to give China her medicine and then head to bed.


I am reading... The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. My pastor mentioned it to me a few months back and although I blew it off then, it hasn't left my mind since. A friend bought 2 copies of a book that he'd been wanting to read and gave me one of them. I never mentioned the book to anyone... How amazing is it that it's the same book that my pastor recomended? I don't believe in coincedences.

I am hoping... to continue to experience growth and healing. Thank You, Lord for all that You are doing. I'm truly overwhelmed and thankful!


I am hearing... the football game that Casie is listening to on the radio and the music playing on her computer as I type.


Around the house... pretty quiet around here at the moment. Mom and Dad went for a lil' anniversary get away this weekend.


One of my favorite things... listening to a congregation lift up their voices to the Lord God. Have you ever thought about how we are praising the same God that Abraham, Moses, Noah, Luke, Mary, and so many other Saints praised many years ago? I know that sounds so simple, but it just hits you differently at certain moments. Kind of like the words "what do I know of You who spoke me into motion?" did earlier this afternoon. The One who spoke me into motion - that's so overwhelming.

A few plans for the rest of the week... sleeping in tomorrow morning (yes, yes, yes), cleaning house all day, hanging out with friends tomorrow night, and church on Sunday. This is random but I saw this on a church sign back in July and I just have to share - Church is a gift from God; assembly required. Is that not great?! :)


Here is a picture thought... the deer who have been lingering in our back yard for what seems like 3 months. Such beautiful creatures, yet so very hard to photograph. This was taken from my bedroom window - I looked out one day and was caught off guard by how close they were. Sorry about the branches in the way... once again, very hard to photograph.





2 comments:

Casie said...

the deer we no longer enjoy their company....

Karen Bickerdike said...

stupid deer!