Thursday, September 8, 2011

School Daze

I realize I haven't posted a single sentence since school began. It's been a crazy couple (or triple) of weeks. Sometimes it's hard to blog about my job because so much of it is bound by confidentiality laws and such.

Just know that I appreciate your prayers. More than I could ever express.

There ended up being 27 students on my roster. Only 25 of them showed up. It's now three weeks into the school year and we have a new first grade teacher joining our campus to even out the class sizes and take some of the load off.

I knew that it was taking a lot out of me with that many children in my room, but I hadn't realized how stressed I was about it. When I heard the official news a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

It wasn't easy getting rid of the kids though... it's bittersweet.

You don't realize how fast you get attached.

On the other hand, i'm glad to finally get to write names on desks, cubbies, and give assigned seats on the carpet. There are lots of little things (and big, I guess) that you can't do until your class is finalized.

I'm so ready!!! :)

I'm begging the Lord for wisdom and guidance when it comes to organization and time management in my classroom. I've probably mentioned that before, but i'm saying it again. There has to be a way to get everything done so that i'm happy and parents are happy and adminstrators are happy and children are happy... and having fun! :)

There is lots more on my heart, but don't feel obligated to share at the moment. Please pray.

Thanks so much. Love you all.

No comments: