Thursday, September 22, 2011

Increasing Faith, Part Two

Before school began I posted an entry on how this year was definitely going to be one that increased faith.

Our class rosters were over-flowing; over the legal state max number of students per teacher.

Three weeks into school the Lord took care of that and it has been so much better since.

Still.... this is a year of increasing faith.

I wish that I could share details of why, but i'm not allowed to. There is more than one reason and believe me when I say, it's been a challenge and will continue.

But without a challenge there is no growth! And, as it turns out, I actually like a challenge!

My soveriegn God hand-chose each of these children that are in my classroom this year. I know it's not a mistake or coincedence.

When you visit our classrooms you will clearly see that they are lopsided.... once again, can't share how or why, but i'm the end of the balance that is on the floor. for lots of reasons.

I believe in them and I choose to push them farther than anyone would ever imagine we could go this year! :) They've already surprised me!

(They make me want to pull my hair out. They make me laugh my head off. They make me close my eyes and breathe. They remind me that this is exactly where I am supposed to be.)

This journey that i am on is so not about the teaching... it's building character, it's preparing me for the future, and it's increasing faith.

May my actions and words reflect Him, therefore, to point others to Him.

Will you join me as I pray over my students this year and beg God for wisdom as I lead them? I am nothing, without Him. And to God be the glory!

No comments: