Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Perfect Match - Are You Ready For This?


If you live in the East Texas area i'm sure you have heard the story about Charley Rae, the toddler who went through surgery to have a non-functioning kidney removed last year and in the process lost both kidneys. If you haven't heard and would like to read the story, click here.

They have been looking for a donor since they found out the news after surgery and well, the time has come.

Monday, my very brave and selfless friend, Jessica, is donating her kidney to precious Charley Rae. I can't even express to you how much I admire Jess for such a noble task.

For months we have talked about how it's coming up and happening, but it's so strange for it actually to be here. When I heard the news I immediately texted her and said, "Are you ready for this?"

Like any normal person Jess is pretty nervous, but so very ready. Once again, I just can't express how blessed I am to call her friend and how much I admire her.

As I left her house my mind drifted off to many thoughts about this concious decision that Jessica was making; donating an organ to save a life. A perfectly healthy individual who has no problems, giving a piece of her life for another.

My thoughts then flashed over to my Savior. A perfect individual who gave not a piece, but His life to save others.

Can you imagine God sitting there with His Son, asking, "Well, it's here. Now's the time! Are you ready for this?" as Jesus prepared to give up his life to save the world.

The perfect match. The Donor.

I think forward to the day whenever Charley really understands what her friend, Jessi, did for her. When they can look each other in the face and just relive such a sweet season of their life. Oh the gratitude.

And I think forward to the day when we truly understand what our Savior, Jesus, did for us. When we will look each other in the face and give him the thanks and glory that is truly due His Holy Name.

The Donor. All glory to You, Jesus.




If you would like to support Jess and Charley, many people are declaring Monday their day and wearing purple so that they can intentionally pray for them all throughout the day. I know they would both be forever grateful for your thoughts and prayers.









Jessica, I love you and admire you, sister. I know that you don't want any praise and have given God the glory through out this entire situation, but I want you to know how much an impact you are making in this small town. There is no doubt that He is using this for His glory. You are such a brave, selfless person and I am blessed to call you friend! You can use my fridge to hold your jug anyday :) !!!

No comments: