Monday, February 25, 2013

Our Story - Part 1

My first year of teaching contained a lot of "meetings"... new teacher orientations to start off the year and monthly meetings with all the other new teachers in the district.  It was at those meetings that I met Lauren, the new kindergarten teacher on my campus.  We weren't on the same hall so we didn't get to see each other very often, but we instantly had a connection since we were both "new".

My second year of teaching my classroom got moved right next door to Lauren's classroom.  Our friendship grew more that year because we were able to see each other throughout the day at work.  She asked me more times than I can remember if I would go out with this guy friend she had from church.

I never answered.  Don't know why.  Just didn't.

Actually, I think I was burnt out on all the fifty thousand blind dates I had been on.

I cannot tell you how many times we would be somewhere and she would say, "I want to set her up with Mark!!  Don't you think they'd be cute together!"

Finally, just so she would stop asking (ha), I told her I would meet him.  She told him to send me a message on facebook so we could start getting to know each other.

That was in August of 2011 and well....

the message.

It was long.  A big run-on with lots of questions and oh my gracious.

That was it for me.  I was turned off and done.

Can you tell I went in looking for something wrong so I had an excuse to run? 

I mean where was the, "THIS IS IT MEGAN!  MARRY HIM!" written in the sky.  I mean did the Lord not get my memo?!  :)

I never responded to his email.

We laugh about it now because it's just so funny!  Okay, so maybe Mark doesn't laugh, but it really does make our story that much more special!  :)  

Three months go by and I find myself face down on the floor of my bedroom with tears...

No comments: