Monday, August 1, 2011

Put a Ring On It




We just got home from a weekend in Mississippi! My Grandparents (dad's side) and the rest of dad's siblings live there. When we were growing up, we always took a song to sing at their church each time that we visited (twice a year). When we got in high school we stopped with that tradition for some reason. Not sure if you would call it a tradition, but you catch my drift. A few months ago they asked us if we would come and give a concert for their Fifth Sunday Sing. We packed up all our sound equipment, grabbed Jordan (sisters boyfriend) to go along and run the sound, plus a China and headed over.




It was very neat to sing for their church again all these years later! It was a special blessing because a lot (and I mean a lot) of our family was able to be there which doesn't happen often. We were very thankful for the opportunity and enjoyed every second of it. And since dad has a rule that we can't bring our girlfriend or boyfriend to Mississippi with us unless we are engaged or married....





Jordan popped the question! Eek Eek Eek!!! :)






No really, the real story!


Jordan was very sweet! He took our parents to eat and asked if he could marry their daughter because he just couldn't imagine life without her!






Casie and I have talked before... she was aware that he was the one and even told me about how they looked at rings! We even made predictions last Christmas about who each other was going to marry! My prediction was DEAD on!! :) I couldn't be happier for my beautiful sister! And Jordan, well it's about time he joined the family - feels like he already fits in!! I couldn't pick a better person for her to share life with!






Of course, we were all in on the secret except Casie. The plan was to go to the beach on Saturday to "lay out" and then Jordan would pop the question. I'm always down for soakin' up some sun, so I agreed to go bake with the ring hidden in my camera bag so that I could capture the moment! :)






You would have thought the ice cream truck man with his creepy music was part of the plan because his music annoyed Jordan to the point that he decided to go for a walk. Which was my cue.






When they got a good distance away I got the video camera ready and waited patiently. Okay, not patiently.... totally ansy! When they got back in front of me Jordan told Casie that he needed to tell her something. He said lots of sweet, gooey words and then got down on his knee. Just in case you do get to watch the video of the actual engagement, I apologize before hand for the shaky-ness. I was crying and shakin' and squealin like a crazy girl!! It was a very sweet moment!






I love this picture because she just looks like she is beaming showing mom and dad the ring!!!





Congratulations Casie and Jordan!!!
I love you both very much!


:)


































1 comment:

Christina said...

Wow!!! I am so happy for them. Tell Casie congrats for me. They are already a wonderful couple and I can't wait to watch them grow in marriage.