Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Simple Woman Daybook


For today, Tuesday March 1, 2009
Outside my window...
the sun is slowly setting, in less than an hour it'll be dark. It felt warm enough yesterday that i was able to swing on the porch with short sleeves on. Today the chill was a little too much for that.
I am thinking...
that i really need to get everything ready to send in my application for the Certification program; the deadline is March 13th. That day is going to be here before i know it so i better get serious about workin' on it. I need to update you on this.
I am thankful for...
the many things i am learning. I pray they take root and that the Lord uses them to mold my heart the way He wants it.
From the learning rooms...
Graduation is less than 2 months away. Scary! I'm so worried about something crazy happening and me not passing all of my courses to graduate on time. Only i would freak out about something as silly as that. We have the second round of tests this week and hopefully i'll do well on all of those!
My instrumental methods class isn't as fun as i thought it would be. It's still easier for me to attend because we're constantly up and moving which makes the time pass quicker. But i'm SO not good at practicing my instruments. I'm terrible.
From the kitchen...
we just finished supper and i loaded the dishes into the washer. I've been meaning to sweep, but keep putting it off. I'll get to that tomorrow. Promise! The banana bread has been eaten - time to make some more i guess - or maybe i'll try something new. I cleaned off the counters yesterday; if only they'd stay that way.
I am wearing...
black cami, dark grey youth camp t-shirt, blue jeans, tennis shoes, hair in a pony tail, and make-up. I got a new watch this weekend - i've needed one for subbing. It seems very unprofressional to pull out my phone every hour and check the time. Now i won't have to do that anymore! If only i could get use to having the time on my wrist; i keep forgetting!
I am creating...
a to do list for tomorrow. I love working and i love learning, honestly, i do. A weakness about my personality is that i have a really hard time getting over the initial hump into ACTION. Once i get up and moving i can accomplish so many things and i feel great about myself. I can't take this guilty lazy feeling inside any longer. No more letting myself sleep in.
I am going...
to complete some assignments for my Behavior Modification portfolio whenever i get off of here.
And sadly, i am going to watch the Bachelor 'after the final rose' at 9. For the record, i do not agree with the show, but for some stupid reason i keep watching it. It's not an addiction or anything, more of "i don't feel like going to sleep so let's see what's recorded on DVR". I'm interested to see if Molly and Jason actually stayed together.
I am reading...
Genesis in my ESV study bible. I'm going through it very slowly and reading (carefully examining) the commentary. Some interesting things to think about. And catching up on some blogs i thoroughly enjoy. Too bad they aren't people i know in real life.
I am hoping...
to create more relationships. This is such a weakness for me and i mention it so often; which gives me no excuse because i clearly recognize that i need to work on it. One of these days; no, really it's slowly getting better, although some people probably can't see that.
I am hearing...
my dad talking on the phone way down the hallway in his office, mom doing something in the kitchen, the clothes bangin' in the dryer, and the tv on the HGTV channel.
Around the house...
the washer has officially fallen through. The water started leaking out of the bottom and spreading not only into the kitchen, but underneath the wall into the piano room. The carpet is damp... what can ya do? lol. Dad said the heater should do the same thing pretty soon.
One of my favorite things...
my chapstix.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
settin' the alarm for an early wake up call in the morning, portfolio work, cleanin' the house, adult choir rehearsal, class on Thursday, subbing fourth grade on Friday, Sacrifice rehearsal on Saturday, Church on Sunday.

No comments: