Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SImple Woman

For Today - Tuesday June 1st, 2010

Outside my window... it looks like rain and sounds like a train. Check out that rhyme - totally wasn't trying to be corny. It really acts like it wants to rain and there is an actual train going by.

I am remembering... to be still and know that He is God. (Psalm 46:10)

I am thankful for... my job and my God. As of right now there is nothing set in stone as far as a teaching position next year. I'm choosing to trust Him still and am thankful for the many opportunities that the wonderful people at Crockett give me.

I am creating... piles and piles of stuff in my classroom. Everything must be organized and packed away for the summer months so that the custodians can wax the floors. I've been packing, and organizing, and lifting furniture, and on and on and on. Who knew all that was involved the last few weeks of school.? You pretty much tear your room apart and then start back from scratch when August hits - literally. Hopefully i'll have it all done before we leave on Friday. I'd hate to spend my weekend up there finishing someone elses classroom.

I am going... to be memorizing a lot of music here in the next 2 weeks. It'll be fun!

I am reading... haven't really read much lately.

I am hoping... to find rest (in every aspect). I'm just plain worn out. It makes me a not so fun girl to be around.

On my mind... passion and joy. A few months ago it was so evident in my life. Where oh where did it go?

From the learning rooms... two and a half more days. I'm going to miss these children that i've spent the past nine months with, but right now it's time for summer. I often wonder if i'll be able to continue this job when I have children of my own. Some of you know exactly what I mean when I say that. For the sake of my children knowing they are truly loved, it might be a good idea to not work with other children for 8 hours of the day.

Noticing that... I have a lot that I need to do, yet can't find the motivation. Oh pray for me. ha.

Pondering these words... my Jesus is still the same. (spoken by Angie Smith when she went in for an ultra sound and found out the news of her sweet baby)

Around the house... it's incredibly quiet!

One of my favorite things... peace.

For more DayBooks - Click Here!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Hey Megan..can I read your book by Angie Smith when your done??
I'm praying for you!