Saturday, June 27, 2009

Behind The Scenes

This song rings so true for me right now.

The past three years of my life have seemed so chaotic, confusing, depressing, vulnerable, shaky, and so many other things. Friends close to me know more than others, but there have been times when i've shared bits and pieces on this blog. Something has changed within the past two months and eventually, if the Lord allows, I hope to share it with you...

Tonight as I was driving home listening to this song tears started to well up in my eyes and drop down my cheeks. There was (and is) so much more going on Behind The Scenes, and for that I am so thankful and in awe.

Even if what you're going through is because of sin or disobedience - Christ loves you and is so much bigger than anything you could ever do. The God we serve is a pursuing God who wants to have a relationship with you. It amazes me the things He will do to simply get my attention and draw me to Him, even when I run or turn my back on Him. He is so faithful! Even when it doesn't seem like it - There is so much more going on Behind The Scences - and one day you'll understand the reason for every situation the Lord allowed in your life!

I hope, if anything, these lyrics will be an encouragement to you like they are to me. (The bold line is my favorite)

Francesca Battistelli

You may think
I’m just fine
How could anything
Ever be out of line?

I take my time
To set the stage
To make sure everything
Is all in place

Even though I’ve got the lines rehearsed
A picture only paints a thousand words

Things aren’t always what they seem
You’re only seeing part of me
There’s more than you could ever know
Behind the scenes
I’m incomplete and I’m undone
But I suppose like everyone
There’s so much more that’s going on
Behind the scenes

Sometimes I can’t see
Anything
Through the dark
Surrounding me

And at times I’m unsure
About the ground
Beneath my feet
If it’s safe and sound

When it’s hard to find hope in the unseen
I have peace in knowing it will find me

Things aren't always what they seem
You're only seeing part of me
There's more than you will ever know
Behind the scenes
I'm incomplete and i'm undone
But I suppose like everyone
There's so much more that's going on
Behind the Scenes

You may think I’m just fine
How could anything ever be out of line?

No comments: