Monday, June 1, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

For today Monday - June 1st, 2009...


Outside my window... well, it's dark right now, but the past two days have been absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to spend my summer afternoons relaxing in the pool, getting some sun, and enjoying the weather from the porch swing. We've had supper out on the back deck the past week or so. I had forgotten how much I love being able to do that during this season.

I am thinking... that it's completely unfair that we are still in school in the month of JUNE. It just doesn't seem right to be locked inside with the beautiful weather begging you to come out.


I am thankful for... valleys. I don't enjoy them most of them time (or even fully get through them), but i'm currently learning to embrace the one i'm in. You can't have victory if you don't truly go through a battle. I don't want to be the same.... I really want to know Him. Sometimes it takes a little longer to dig deep, and be real and honest with yourself - but the truth will eventually set you free when you find it. So not an easy place to be, but i'm learning to take it one step at a time. It's almost as if I can feel healing taking place - I don't know that i've ever really felt it before. (If you are praying for me I want to say thank you - I can't get through this alone, and I don't want to. I want Him. So thank you for your prayers!)


From the learning rooms... Instead of my normal kindergarten paraprofessional duty that i've been doing for the past month, I actually get the chance to sub for a second grade math class on Wednesday and Thursday. It's been a while (a month to be exact) since i've been a teacher-sub. The teacher was dying to ask me to sub for her, she had so much faith in me, and excitement was literally bubbling out of her as she asked me... I don't really understand why. My thoughts were pretty sour when she first asked me - I've enjoyed sitting on the sidelines and just helping out, I didn't know if I was ready to be in charge again. It took a few minutes, but I eventually got my heart in the right place. I have faith that it will all go like He wants it to.


From the kitchen... mom didn't cook supper tonight because we were busy preparing for the big sale. We bought dinner and enjoyed it on the back porch, then it was back to work.


I am wearing... grey work-out t-shirt, trash bag shorts (do I always have these on when I post daybooks?), socks, hair in a pony tail. We took a 20 minute break around 8 to do the Shred (workout) with one of mom's friends. This video is working - I can tell a difference.


I am creating... nothing interesting. Once this weekend passes I'll be creating motions for the VBS songs. O my goodness - that means I'll have one week to do 6 songs! Better get to work on that! Time is flying by; I thought we still had a few weeks, but o my goodness, no we don't.


I am going... to try and post a few pictures of some of the things we will be saling in our Garage Sale. That way if you want you can decide whether or not you want to come. Some people from church were asking yesterday - yes, we have baby clothes! And they're actually still cute and in style - I went through some of them tonight. I'll try to post some of those pictures!


I am reading... the Holy Bible. And a bible study book that I'm considering for my Junior High Sunday School class.


I am hoping... to be well-rested so that I can accomplish everything that I need to during this week. I am capable of far more than I give myself credit.

I am hearing... my playlist as I type. I need to redo it.

Around the house... everyone has gone to bed - and i'm headed there! Poor China is sprawled out on the middle of the floor. I think she is enjoying the breeze from the fan!


One of my favorite things... JOY!

A few plans for the rest of the week... cleaning, organizing, preparing, working... I have Friday off - I hope to be able to lay out a little bit during the day!


Here is a picture thought... be sweet with your comments about my clothes. They are stylin' but not quite as much as Brandon over there rockin' his denim washed jeans. He is cheesin' isn't he? And Casie, she looks adorable of course.



Would you like to participate in Daybooks?

No comments: