Monday, January 18, 2010

I want you to meet my Grandma Billie!

I've mentioned her a few times here and there on my blog, but never provided a picture. It seems like the older I get the more my mom shares with us about her life.... and the more I share about how I wish I could have met her. It's amazing that you can miss someone you've never actually met.

The other day at work I shared with my mom a story i've never shared with anyone. My brother did a history fair project over my grandmother's life and how she invested her time here on earth (he even went to the state level) and the board (with all her pictures) is actually still set up in the music room in our house. It's been in there since the day he brought it home in Middle School. I remember growing up I would go in there and sing to her.... and that may sound extremely odd, but I did. It was like I would practice my little heart out and I would pretend that she was listening. And it was almost as if I didn't even realize that I was doing it, until one day it hit me and tears filled my eyes as I stared at her picture. I guess that's the part of me that feels like I know her even though I don't. Mom even found a tape a few years back of her singing. It was neat to actually hear her voice!

While we were watching tv my mother mentioned that today marked 30 years since she passed away. We miss her. We love her. And I never tire of hearing about her life.


Thank you, Lord, for my mother and for allowing her to still be a part of my life. She is a strong woman. I thank you for her love and how much time she invested in to her children's lives. She gave her all when it came to being a mother and I love her so much. Keep me aware of my words and put me back into my place when I get impatient and don't treat her like I should. May my actions show her just how much I love and appreciate her. I lift her up to you this evening. Bless her Lord.

No comments: