Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Transparency - Fear to Freedom


I'm scared.

I'm scared that I won't be able to love anyone. You know, without doubting and freaking out every second.

I'm scared that he won't turn out to be who I thought he would be. That he'll be a bad person and not good for me. That i'll only be attracted to bad guys.

I'm scared that you'll take them away when something does work out.

And since i'm scared... I admit it to You.

Because in that place is where I will find freedom. And maturity.

He already knows it all... but we take steps toward our freedom and peace when we admit it, not only to ourselves, but openly to Him. Remove your hand from behind your back and show Him what you are holding on to. Release your death grip and trust Him, the only One who knows how to set you free, to take care of it.

I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand and say to you, "Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

Our God is not a god of fear. Fear comes from the enemy. That thing you fear could be the one thing the Lord wants to set you free of and use in your life. Don't let the enemy have that. (Priscilla Shirer)

I believe with all of my heart that You are able to set me free from my fear of relationships. You have already begun. I believe that You will bring us together and sustain me with Your peace. I believe that You will help me love... and that I am capable. You have proven yourself faithful even when You didn't have to. And so I share openly with my friends what I shared with You a month ago. I want to be real with You, myself, and others.... I don't want to hide what may be a help to someone else. Thank You for bringing me to this place. I trust You. And I praise You now for the day when I will meet him. Prepare me and heal me so that I can be the wife that he needs - the wife you intend for me to be. You are good!

No comments: