Sunday, July 25, 2010

Travel With Us...

After sixteen days of traveling i'm finally home sweet home!!! There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed after being gone that long!
Before I left I decided that I wanted to show our family vacation in pictures. In all of our years of taking family vacations we've kinda visited the same places over and over. Disney World was an every three year occurrence, and in between those we did Branson twice, Colorado, and our Lake Of the Pines camping trips. This year we decided that we wanted to go some where that we'd never been before and experience something new. So I invite you to travel with us, through pictures, over the next few days to North and South Carolina.

Let's begin...

Friday afternoon I got off work at 1:30 - I hopped out of my car and jumped into dad's truck which was hooked up to the camper. I stayed up the night before making sure that I had every thing packed so that I wouldn't need to do anything when I walked in the door Friday afternoon. That's a pretty big deal if you know my packing routine. I make list after list after list and even do a mental check for about an hour down the road. Amazingly, that was not the case this year. I did all that I could possibly do, left my luggage in the hands of my family and a big checklist for the sister to run down to double check my work!! :)

About five minutes down the road I realized that I forgot to eat lunch... oops.

And here is where I tell you the advantages of traveling with a camper - If you get hungry, pull over and get something from the kitchen. If you need a potty break, pull over and use your "johnny on the spot". It doesn't matter if you are in tim-buck-too, you have a place to go. Now that was a huge plus considering i'm always the one that we have to stop for.

We traveled for about eight hours that first day and stopped in Mississippi to camp for the night.
China was pooped to say the least.

The next morning we got up early to finish traveling to the East Coast. It's pretty exciting when you see this on the gps -

WATER!!!!

And our first destination was Lake Wood Camping Resort in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
We were packed in like sardines, but that's a small price you have to pay for being, literally, a few yards away from the beach.
Come back tomorrow for our first actual day on the East coast beach!

2 comments:

Katy said...

How did it take 8 hours to get to mississippi?? Does the camper slow you down i guess?
Can't wait to see more! :)

Megan said...

The camper does slow us down a little bit, but not too bad... plus we have to stop to get gas more often. We left around 1:45 and got to the campground around 7 or 8. So I guess not technically 8 hours - We camped in Meridian that first night.

Totally stole this idea from you!! Learn from the best :) ha!