Friday, November 19, 2010

Thankful - Truth

Typically the last day of school before a break seems completely long.... l.o.o.o.o.o.n.g. Anticipation for what lies ahead begs for your attention and you find it difficult to live in the moment.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to this break. There are many things that I need to get done. Like clean my bedroom, car, bathroom, do laundry, and of course my to do list for my classroom is never ending.

Earlier this week I came across a blog post that reminded me to live in the now.

We get so caught up in the next season or stage or even holiday week that we let it take our eyes away from the many blessings that are current.

I sat here and remembered His truth...

abundance:

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

I think many of us can so relate to the “get through” feeling that seems to overwhelm and consume us at times.

The enemy definitely wants to convince us that we aren't capable of JOY in all circumstances and that the abundant life isn’t for us, but the Lord tells us quite the opposite!

I don’t care if it’s one day before Thanksgiving break or one hour… He promises JOY in that moment (not happiness because believe me my children were loonies, but constant sustaining joy).

May we constantly choose to stop, pray and beg Him for eyes that realize ABUNDANCE and JOY are available to us TODAY, in THIS place, no matter our current mood, feelings, or anticipation for what may be next.

Believe Him for it…. fight the enemy when he puts any other thought in your mind.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Loved your post and SO GLAD you get a break!!! Don't forget to put eat turkey on your to do list! :)
I miss you and Love you!
Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving incase I don't see you before!