Monday, July 27, 2009

The Simple Woman


For Today - Monday, June 27, 2009

I am thinking... that I really love organization, but am not always good will following through. The first initial steps are the hardest, but they always helps in the long run. I tend to plan these really awesome ideas, but never succeed at pulling them off. sheesh!

Outside my window... it's been a gloomy, humid day. The sun has not shown it's face.

I am thankful for... friends who truly care about me. You know, the ones who aren't afraid to hurt your feelings, but instead will be blunt because they know it's best for you.

From the learning rooms... well i've made it to the final week of Summer Institute Training. Honestly, i've loved every minute of it! I never imagined that i'd enjoy it this much, but I really am. Mom was praying with me last night and mentioned the enthusiam and excitement when I get home and retell everything that i'm learning. Thursday night I completed my ELA course with 3 full days to spare (and relax)!!! Math began today and i've already completed 2 assignments! Yay!

From the kitchen... we had breakfast for dinner tonight! That was always a highlight of mine growing up! Everyone in my family likes eggs except for me - i've started eating them with ketchup here lately - ever done that? The table has been cleared and the dishwasher is loaded!

I am wearing... Ouachita Baptist University grey t-shirt with purple lettering, yellow cami, black work-out pants, no shoes at the moment, hair pulled back to the side with a bobby pen, a little blush. It was a rainy day, what can i say?

I am creating... stacks of craft supplies for mom's room. Really trying to help her out with the organization process.

I am going... to make/pack my lunch for tomorrow, pick out my clothes, and get everything ready to leave so that I'm not rushing out the door in the morning.

I am reading... lots of powerpoints and notes from Region 7 workshops, and online course-work. I'm also working my way through the book of John - very very slowly.

I am hoping... to know Christ.

I am hearing... the HGTV channel, the fan, and air conditioner. Not much going on around here.

Around the house... I think I just answered this.... mom is gone at the moment, Casie is upstairs doing something, dad just got home from work, and China is lounging around somewhere. I tidied my room, bathroom, and living room, vacuumed, put a load of laundry on, and am now waiting on my sheets to dry so that I can put them on my bed.

One of my favorite things... clean teeth and new friends. That sounds odd! I'm on this clean teeth kick right now and it's probably a lil' overkill. My gums were hurting the other day and I think it's because i'm brushing almost 5 times a day! haha!
Being at school from 8:30-4:00 with the same group for the past few weeks is completely ruining my shyness. I'm forced to make friends and i'm having so much stinkin' fun! We exchanged phone numbers and are now facebook friends. Relationships are so much more important than I thought.

A few plans for the rest of the week... last week of summer training, math online course for an hour each night, a possible lake trip this weekend, hopefully hanging out with Katy at some point, and church.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you ...
Enjoying a boat ride on Caddo
(in sepia)

(and color)


Visit the simple woman here!

No comments: