Monday, July 6, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today - Monday - June 6th, 2009

Outside my window there is a sky full of clouds that sprinkles rain every now and then. It hasn't officially 'rained' today, just a few sprinkles, but it's definitely gloomy.

I am thinking that I really do not have time to be blogging right now, yet here I sit.

I am thankful for facebook. I know that sentence sounds ridiculous and believe me, i'm always talking about how addictive, time-consuming, and pointless it can be... but i've been able to talk with family that I only get the chance to see once or twice a year. That has been super fun!

From the learning rooms - click here, here, and then here. I'm too exhausted to go in details at this moment.

I hear the pan sizzling on the oven from the kitchen which means mom must be preparing something for supper. It seems earlier than normal though. ** she's cooking bacon to go with the peas... that explains it.

I am wearing blue boys n girls club t-shirt, red cami, blue jean shorts, tennis shoes, hair down and a little blush. We have to wear tennis shoes to work everyday - I must admit it hasn't felt like summer since I can't see my toes. My poor cute sandals! haha!

I am creating a calender full of events (workshops and classes) so that I don't miss anything important. They told us at oreintation that this would be the hardest, busiest year of our lives... they so were not kidding! I still can't believe i'm on board with this. It's just so unlike me to commit to something serious.

I am going to take a little nap after I finish posting this and then wake up and organize my calender.

I am reading Heaven is Real by Don Piper, and hopefully plan to start Kathy Herman's new book in her Phantom Hollow Series. (That would require one purchasing the book to begin with) I hadn't been reading anything until I read an entry someone posted on good summer reads. It got me super interested in reading again!

I am hoping to get everything done that I can do right now for my teaching certification. There are lots of annoying little things like fingerprinting and so on. Procrastination will not be good throughout this process - I need to get a good start so that I can tackle everything on time! I need to organize my binder also.

I am hearing two songs play at once on my computer because I have so many windows open, the fan blowing above my head, and the television on the HGTV channel.

It's pretty wild Around the house right now. We've been camping for the past two weeks and then we took a quick trip to Mississippi this past weekend. Poor China doesn't know what to think. She was so happy to be home last night - she was knocked out in the recliner about 10 o' clock. There are still so many things piling up that need to be put into their proper storage rooms. We haven't quite got back into the flow of things since the garage sale. Now that VBS and the two week vacation is over for mom and dad I think things will start to get back to normal.

One of my favorite things is listening to music. My two favorite artist (should there be an s on the end of that?) right now are Mandisa and Francesca Battistelli. You should check them out!

A few plans for the rest of the week are to begin my online courses, attend a workshop on Tuesday morning, continue working at the Boys n Girls club on the other mornings, and have my first adventure at House Sitting.

Here is a picture thought that I am sharing with you today - Casie and I before church this weekend in Mississippi.



Would you like to participate in Daybooks?

No comments: