Saturday, February 6, 2010


Last night we went to opening night for the MHS choir 40's show! Mrs. Parks (pictured above) was our wonderful choir director for four years and I can't tell you how much I miss that lady. She was one of the first people who helped me believe that I actually had talent. If it weren't for her I probably wouldn't have sang as much as I have in the past six years.

My junior year in high school I was faced with a big decision - choir or cheerleading. She layed out her opinion right infront of me and then left the choice up to me. I chose choir. Choir was a family. Choir was a place where we could say the name of God in school (through song). Choir was a place where we were real and prayed for each other. Choir was a place where when we didn't have the words to speak we could sing and express the same emotions/feelings. Choir was a place where I knew I was accepted and loved. Choir was a place where anyone fit in.

The memories and bonds we have from the dance shows are unreal. As we sat there watching the show last night I was filled with so many mixed emotions. I was excited and enjoying the show, but sad at how time flies by and missing how much I loved being up there. I can remember being behind the curtain on the very last night of our dance show our senior year holding back tears... this is our last choir show.

Choir is the only thing I miss from high school. And it would have never been half of what it was if Mrs. Parks weren't running it. I love that lady and I miss her so much! If you have time this weekend, you should go see the MHS 40's Show - Sentimental Journey. It starts at 7:00 PM tonight and there is also a show tomorrow afternoon at some point.

Lord, I thank You for Mrs. Parks.... her dedication, heart, and love for music and You. Because of her devotion to You and where You called her I have so many wonderful memories, bonds, and relationships from my years in choir.

No comments: