Friday, April 23, 2010

And So It Begins

Meg: Tomorrow is Friday; blue jean day. Darn it. My jeans are dirty.
MC: Ahh, No one will know... just wear them dirty. It won't hurt.
Meg: I already have.

Someone once said, your house is a reflection of your life. If your bedroom is complete chaos then your life probably mirrors that as well. Of course, there are always exceptions to every statistic you hear, but for this gal right now... this couldn't be more true.

I think a bug just flew across my bedroom.

The dust is entirely too thick. The floor? What floor? I can't see it. The laundry is incredibly overdue. And let's just stop there.

I am a happy girl! Really. God is good. But I feel like i'm going 90 miles an hour right now. Last night as I was having a girl moment and trying not to burst into tears (I did), I mentioned to MC that I wasn't sure my life could get any more chaotic.

Hello more chaos! We are so glad you decided to drop by.

The teacher that i'm an AIDE for is expecting and left this morning around 10AM. It was decided about a month ago that I would take over when she had to leave, and finish out the school year. At that point I started evaluating each individual student (especially the struggling ones) to see what I needed to be prepared for in advance in order to help them succeed when this new, new, new teacher steps in. I'm so thankful that I was able to get to know these same students all year long and develop relationships with them. They know me, I know them. I'm aware of the discipline issues as well as the academic ones and i'm familair with their schedule. It's now time to put into practice all that i've been learning for the past year.

When I first found out that I was going to be covering her class I sat down to create individual plans for each student where I knew they needed the most work. I drew out a map of the classroom in order to organize it in a way that flowed smoothly and worked for us. And I began thinking of activities that would be fun and keep them engaged while still helping them master the skills they needed to move on to first grade.

I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm pretty much all of the above.

So today was a nice adventure. Nothing like pulling activities out of your rear for 5 hours :) !!! Not to mention another teacher was out so I got 4 extra over flow students from her class along with my seventeen sweet (slightly sarcastic) students. :) Still smiling!

With all that said... this may be the last time you hear from me for a while. My life is sure to be nothing but one exhausting thing after another. I'm off to read my post from yesterday.....

You knew this day would come before it happened and that makes me smile. I love You, Lord. While i'm still sane in this moment I come to You and beg for You to lay Your Holy Spirit over and around me. There is no doubt in my mind that these next few weeks will be exhausting, but You promise to be my renewal, strength, and portion. I need that Lord Jesus - I need You. And I thank You for opportunities to grow and to learn. Have I told You, You are good? In the specific, powerful name of Jesus.

No comments: