Monday, May 3, 2010

Nice Of You To Join Us

The other day for one of our writing centers I gave the kids this prompt : If you could tell Miss Kilgore anything, what would it be?

Before I sent them away to write out their thoughts, I modeled a few examples just to get their brains going.

Miss Kilgore, my favorite thing we do in class is... Miss Kilgore, I really don't like this activity.... I wish we could do this more often... My favorite color is pink! And you get it.

Last night as I was laying out all of our materials for today, I stopped for a second to read through their innocently, blunt words. This was by far my favorite; simply because it made me burst into laughter.

Miss Kilgore, I will behave. I will do what you say. I will do my work.

Awesome. So glad we're on the same page.

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

Sweet! I have a few who answer that way to every question too. One in particular says, "I do right!" whenever I call his name. Half the time I have to say "I just had a question to ask you. You are doing right already!"