Friday, May 7, 2010

Not Merely Surviving

The past two days have been wonderful! I love this!

The Lord has proven faithful, yet again, when He promised to lead me and be my confidence. It's so not like me to stand up and ask for a position (especially a challenging position), but I knew if it's where He wanted me the door would be opened and He would carry me through. Knowing that He is God over any circumstance that I find myself in, takes off every load that I carry. I can rest in Him no matter what.

This has been an awesome learning experience and will better prepare me for next year (if) when I get my own class.

In the past two weeks I have been on a Field Trip, survived Field Day, and turned in a checklist for the students for the end of the school year. Tasks that I never thought I would have the courage to do, but yet I did successfully because of the One who is with me and holds me. He is good!

We still have the Family Fiesta, another Field Trip, Graduation, End of the Year party and our All About Me books to finish. Busy, Busy, Busy!

Tomorrow is my last Saturday workshop for my alternative certification through Region7. Can you believe it's been a whole year?

Jesus - thank You for taking broken, sinful me and changing my life.

2 comments:

DJ said...

Teaching is not a job; it's a call to a sacrificial act of giving.
From a teacher who's been at this for twenty-five years, it sounds like you're doing great.
As long as He is in your classroom, and you act in love, you'll be fine.
Along with Jeremiah 29:11, my fave is Isaiah 40:31.

Anonymous said...

God is so good!!! It has been a privelage to watch you grow this year. So glad I could be on the same campus with you and watch God at work!!!

I love,
Mom