Monday, September 20, 2010

Receive It

I was chatting with a mother this evening and she had this to say,

"I was hoping you could tell me what you're doing... I need to know for the next 11 years of school. This is the first year my child has liked coming to school. Don't get me wrong, the teacher last year was wonderful, but mama's know and recognize a difference. She comes home in a good mood everyday. We loooooovvvee Miss Kilgore!"

Of course, my first response was to think of everything I am not doing and give the credit to someone else.

Why?

Because that's just who I am.

Over the past few years I've come to terms with the fact that very rarely do I ever accept when something good happens in my life. Almost immediately I catch myself finding something negative to explain the positive. And most of the time how the positive just cannot be true and you must be mistaken or have misunderstood the situation.

How twisted.

And then I began to think about what lies i'm letting myself believe simply because of how situations in the past have effected my thinking towards myself.

I'm too tired to dig real deep tonight, but I definitely have more to say on this topic.

Any thoughts on your end?


1 comment:

Sara Warren said...

Megan, Have you read this? http://www.amazon.com/Lies-Women-Believe-Truth-that/dp/0802472966
I've had portions read to me and what I've heard is great!