Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Observations

In the past three and a half weeks i've had three observations take place in my classroom. Well, four counting the day that the superintendent (and three or four other high up Admin people) walked into my classroom without warning.

That's a lot of people. In one room. A first year teacher room. Without warning. Just sayin'.

Over the course of this year I will have, literally, four different (mentor-ish) people (each on a different level) coming into my classroom at various times to check on how things are going. Surely by December the scary-ness of that will have worn off.

Right now my kids totally think they are there to see what they are learning in first grade, how incredibly smart they are, and that they know how to follow rules the very first time they are given.

That's right. I put it on them.

It's working so far... I'm hoping that will not wear off by December :)

2 comments:

Katy said...

You should take it as a compliment that the High up admin people and super. came to your room. It's probably b/c your room is so cute, organized, and they want to show off their best teachers to the people high up :)

Megan said...

That's what someone else told me. haha!! I'd like to believe that, but not sure that's the truth!

My principal did tell me that she told him, "first year teacher... watch this" before they walked into my room. And he liked what he saw.

That was enough to make me smile and make my day!