Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Time Flies

Tomorrow is our End of the Year Party. Which is the very reason while i'm still up this late on a school night.

The tears have already started people.

It all started when I was reading my letters to my mom. We have been making Memory Books all week in class. Each student writes a letter to each friend telling them why they are special, what they like about them, how they have helped or made them feel, something they are excellent at, etc.. At the end of the book I have attached my letter to each child.

I was okay while I was writing them. The tears came when I read back through them.

I've also framed a picture of me with every child to go with their Memory Book and letters. (That sounds vain... a picture of ME, but promise you it's not intended that way.) Anyways, back to what I was saying....

My computer crashed so I'm not able to get to most of my pictures i've taken this year in order to make a slideshow or print them for my kids. Kinda stinks.

I decided to check the sisters computer just to make sure I didn't have some on there. There were a few, but most of them were from last year with Kindergarten.

Since I was with Kinder last year and then moved up to teach First Grade I was with most of these kids for two years. Which makes it extra special and extra hard to let them go. You don't realize how much someone has grown (including yourself) until you look back over pictures.

.... thus, more tears.

I can't believe my two year journey of getting my alternate teaching certificate is over.
I can't believe my first year is over.
I can't believe it's already been two years with these children.
I can't believe how much my heart completely loves each of them.
I can't believe it's time to let them go.

.... I am not ready for it to be over.

Once again, I give You the glory and praise Your name. You were the One who placed belief and courage in my heart to take on this journey and task. It's really not about the teaching at all... no matter how much I enjoy it... but more of knowing You and showing You to others. I thank You for all that You have shown me over the past two years and I beg for You to continue. Be my passion each day that I enter that building. In the precious, powerful, specific, peace-giving name of Jesus.

No comments: