Just wanted to update you all on the Teaching Certificate process.
Yesterday I was out running errands so I stopped by to see if I could sign up to take the test again. This time I'd only be taking the reading section since that's the only part I haven't 'passed' yet. The lady asked if I wanted to take it right then.... ummm, I guess?
Just incase she recognized me from last week and was wondering why the heck I was there again, I explained to her that I was getting my alternate teaching certificate and needed to make higher than an 85 on Reading. Last time I missed it by 5 points - making an 80.
I called mom to let her know that I was about to take the test instead of waiting for another day. She reassured me that I'd do fine either way and reminded me not to read too far into anything if I don't meet the minimal requirements again. Then she let me know she was praying.
After a quick restroom break (and a few prayers), I started the test.
There were 20 questions. One type was where you read a short paragraph and answered the questions by what was implied. I'm more of a stated person. The other type gave 2 sentences and you had to figure out why the two went together; cause/effect, fact/example, etc..
I took my time, read through each question/answer multiple times, and finally finished. The lady pulled up my results on the screen (knowing what I needed to make) and looked back at me with this look.
For the life of me I couldn't find the results on the screen.
"Where is it? Where does it show it?"
Points to the screen
Reading - 99
I wanted to cry! As I walked to the car I thanked the Lord outloud over and over and over... I didn't care how much of a goob I looked like. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Everything is almost ready to be sent off to Region 7 (deadline is May 29) and then i'll wait for the call to be interviewed. Until then I wait - not worry. And if I get accepted I start in June.
For those of you who may be wondering, I am going to continue to live at home through the summer. I want (and need) to move out because I know that there are things that can only be learned through living on my own. But right now it only makes sense to stay here for a few more months. If I get accepted into the program it is possible that I may have to move, in order to be closer to whatever school district I'm placed in. It is also possible that I get placed right where I'm at and not need to move out of town. But there's no way to know right now.
So I guess that's all the updates I have for the moment.... I'll keep you posted as I go. (although you may not even care - haha)