Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Series...

One of the first things people comment on when they walk into my classroom is how organized it is. There have been jokes cracked about how I could have a second job decorating and organizing classrooms. And if that were a real life job then I might just take someone up on that offer.

I love to organize!

Notice I did not say that I was organized; I love to organize.

Being organized is an ongoing process.

One of the perks of being a teachers AIDE for a year is getting to see what works and doesn't work, and what is the most important when it comes to your classroom. Organization is so stinkin' important when it comes to the teaching profession. (and i'm sure many others as well)

I can't even begin to tell you how much time I save simply because my room is organized. Everything has a place and I know exactly where to go when I need it. It's also a huge advantage because anytime someone drops in my classroom without warning I don't have to panic that my room doesn't look together.

The kids are a part of my organization process as well. We have a 5 minute routine at the end of the day before we head out the door. It's one less thing I have to worry about... what, with all the grading and documenting and...

So here are my thoughts - a series of post on organization.

I've thought of doing this before, but haven't taken the time to bring all my thoughts together and put it into a post. This will be extreme motivation to get my bedroom back in order and start fresh.

I'm going to post how I try to stay organized (but not in my classroom because that is most likely not interesting to anyone else, but me) in lots of different areas; closet, shoes, bathroom, jewelry, car, purse and anything else that I think of.

What is the one area of your life/house that you know could use some help?

This should be way fun!!! Not just fun.... way fun!

(I might be the most excited about this... and i'm okay with that! Atleast, I'll get things under control again.)




1 comment:

Meagan Joye said...

I'm excited about this! I need help with organization. Give me some good tips :)