Friday, October 15, 2010

Rewind Three Months


It's been 3 months since our summer vacation to the Carolina's and i've yet to finish blogging about our days spent there.

You saw enough beach photos - and I think you get the gist of what a day looks like there! So let's move on...


We headed up North and arrived in Asheville on Wednesday evening. It was a nice change from flat beachy shores to beautiful mountains. Not that I don't like the beach, because you know sun is like my favorite! Mountains are just beautiful. end. of. story.

Thursday we had tickets to tour the Biltmore Mansion and oh my gracious... it was so neat!

You aren't allowed to take pictures inside, but that's okay because really all I wanted to do was spend 10 hours in the garden photographing their amazing flowers. Not just one garden - multiple gardens.

Here are some of the highlight photos!

I needed to show you guys back at home how incredibly large the windows were. But are they not gorgeous? This was leading out onto the side patio towards one of the gardens.

The patio with this view.

The walkway leading down towards the gardens.

Of course, we all had to stop for a photo.


Oh, and Rod and his family just so happened to be there on the exact same day! Small world.

And now the gardens....

And grapes over head... that we may or may not have eaten.

And these gorgeous yellow flowers!

They were my favorite simply because there were so many of them!

This picture really does not capture the massiveness of this flower.
Compare it to the yellow flowers in the previous pictures and in the left side of this picture as well. It, no joke, was the size of my head. If only i'd thought to put my hand (or head) next to it when I took it. arg.

Not sure why I like this picture so much, i'm not a pink girl, but it's one of my favorites!

I'm not a fan of these, but mom loves them.
Therefore, I was told to snap a picture and I always do what i'm told.

The gigantic greenhouse. I didn't actually go in there... I was more fascinated with all the color and not just green so I stayed out in the garden while the rest of the group went in there.

Family Foto in front of the bass pond.

And the end.




No comments: