Friday, October 29, 2010

Story Book Parade



Today was the story book parade at school. The students pick their favorite character from a book, dress up as the character and then parade around the school with the book in hand as the other grade levels and parents watch. It's always a hit and the students eat it up!

Some of my favorites in my class were two best friends who dressed up as The Tortoise and The Hare - they were real cute. And then the cutest girl pirate I have ever seen in my entire life. I'm going to have to ask her mother for permission to post a picture because you just have to see this!

The First Grade teachers were The Wizard of Oz. Somehow I pulled the short straw and got to wear the formal dress and be the good witch. I think it's more of, let's make the newby (totally not sure how to spell that) be the high maintenance dressed one. I only tripped on my dress 10 times trying to walk to my car this morning.

... never knew there was a such thing as a good witch nor did I know they wore crowns. This one refused to wear heels.

No comments: