Monday, December 13, 2010

Bah Humbug!

Tomorrow is Polar Express Day at school. While i'm sure it's going to be total fun for the kids, I hate to admit that i'm not exactly waaayyyy pumped.

We are not only reading the book, but doing a ton of activities that go along with the Polar Express "train" theme. We will have a test over the story for comprehension and then, hot chocolate and a movie will end our day!

We have also been given permission to wear pajamas.

Here is the current conversation going on at facebook over my status -

Me: "Why am I not excited about pajama day at school?"
Guy: "Because you don't own any scooby doo jammies?"
Fellow Teacher: "Because the pajamas won't make the kids sleepy?"
Second Grade Teacher: "What? I looooooooved it. I'm sad I have to wear normal clothes tomorrow."
Church Friend: "We're having pajama day Thursday at the day school. Hands down my favorite day of the year!!!! Should've gone into the medical field so I could wear pj's all day everyday" :)
College Friend: "Because you're like me and you feel awkward wearing pajamas in public, even when you're supposed to. :) yes? No?"
Previous principal: "We had pajama day today! It was nice wearing pjs all day! Except when I remembered Trystan had gymnastics and I didn't have time to go home and change. Lol! Soooo - I went to gym fit - Rudolph slippers and all!!!!"
Me: "I am SO not a pajama girl. I don't think i'm high maintenance, but maybe I am for disliking pajama day. Just call me the grinch."

I'll let you know how this one goes down!

No comments: