Monday, August 4, 2008

Arte Y Pico

I became a blogger almost 4 months ago, and I have to admit i'm pretty addicted to it. There are days when i have to pace myself because i feel i have so much to share (even posting more than one entry), then there are others when i can't find the words to express what i'm feeling. No matter what the case may be, one of the highlights of my day is not only sharing what i'm learning, but also hearing what other women are going through. One of these women is Rebecca. She has been very helpful to me as i learn new exciting things to do with my blog. I remember meeting her once while i was at Cari's house, but that was many years ago. She only had 3 children at the time. Since then she has moved to another state and added on to that number of wonderful blessings in her home. We've been reconnected through blogging and i'm forever blessed by her thoughts. I've spent many nights staring at my computer reading through each of her entries. She is a woman who displays amazing strength, and I can only hope to grow up to be the mother and wife that she is to her children and husband! Rebecca presented me with this award, Arte Y Pico, a little over two weeks ago. It has taken me that long to figure out how to make the names color up where you can click and instantly view their pages (ha)! Once receiving the award you are challenged to pass it on to 5 fellow bloggers of your choosing. When i first found out about the award i was excited, but seconds later realized i didnt even have that many blogs that i view. I didn't want to randomly pick people just for the sake of rules... I'm probably breaking the law behind this award by doing this, but you now know my reasoning for only picking the 4 following people. I have thought long and hard over these past two weeks, so here we go...

Even though not blood related, i consider Becca a sister! She is new to bloggerville - posting her first entry a week ago. When talking with her about starting a blog she mentioned that she wanted it to be a place where she could come and be herself. My heart lit up whenever i heard those words. High School is a hard place to be, but i think it's awesome that she wants to be a transparent person for her peers to see. So many decisions you make in those years will affect more than you know about your future. Hopefully you will be blessed by all that she is learning and sharing. Beck, i'm excited that you decided to start this new journey (reading the Bible through, sharing what your learning, being real). I want to encourage you to keep pushing even when you don't feel like it. You will see the Lord's goodness, you will taste it and long for more! I love you and can't wait to see what He has in store for you this year at school! He will do amazing things if you surrender your all to Him! I am interested in all that you say!

Mary is another friend of mine... one of the only girlfriends from high school that i still keep in touch with. No matter how long it's been since we've talked, we always seem to pick up right where we left off. She is entering her last year of college and has some amazing plans for her future. I love our friendship and am so glad to introduce you to her and her blog. She finds it easier to express herself through writing rather than talking; perfect for blogging! You won't regret stopping by her page. Her realizations will challenge you to think about your beliefs and opinions. I love you Mary! Wish we could spend more time together, but for right now i guess i'll have to settle for spending time with you through reading your blog! haha :) Cheers to you and your new adventure!


Cari is a women i've always looked up to. My babysitter from long ago! :) I loved spending days with her and getting to play with her children. I'm sure she knows more about me than she liked to, but i can't get enough of her. I never tire of Cari's wisdom and humor. I have been blessed to continually have her in my life and wouldn't dare take a single moment of that for granted. If you visit her page you will be sure to find many laughs, learn about her family, and hear about the things the Lord is speaking to her heart personally. She's not one to openly hand out hugs, but i'll never forget the day she came up to me at church, stretched out her arm, and wrapped it around me. Now that's LOVE! ha! Cari you do, honestly, make me feel loved! So much of the things i'm learning in my life are because of you and i want to thank you for that! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your life and for being there when i want to talk! I love you and your family more than words could ever express!

Angie Smith from Bring The Rain is the final person i have chosen. She doesn't have a clue who i am, nor does she even know that she is getting this award. If you haven't heard about her i want to invite you to view her page. You will find yourself laughing, crying, learning, feeling loved, blessed, and even leave feeling like you know her all by reading through her story. I will save you the time and refrain from going into too many details. She will share and explain better than i could ever possibly do for you. This woman of God will leave you longing for the Lord, and challening you to refocus on your relationship with Him. I have no doubt in my mind that you will be blessed if you check out her blog. The Lord is so appearent there! So click away! Go have a look at this amazing woman of God!

Here are the rules!!! You know who you are... You now know what you have to do!

Rules:

1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award, be it through creativity, design, or interesting material, and that also contributes to the blogger community, no matter the language.

2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.

4) Award winners and the one who has given the award have to show the link of "Arte y pico" blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5) Show these rules.


I love you all! Have fun!

No comments: