Monday, August 25, 2008

Beginning of The End

Today was the first day of school for my senior year of college.

Up until Junior High my family attended a church in town where my parents helped out with the college kids. We were constantly planning events and activities to do with these students. Our house was always full of girls and guys from ETBU. I remember them being so much bigger than i view myself to be now. I don't feel old enough to be a senior in college. I can't believe i'm really in my last year of schooling...

As i was getting ready this morning i looked at myself in the mirror and just stared. (You are a senior in college. This is it.) Actually i was talking to myself outloud, ha :). I'm weird. I know.

My first class was at 9 o' clock in the morning - Youth/Single Adult Ministry. With my major being General Studies i kind of just picked random Religion and Psychology classes that sounded interesting to me (and were upper level). These are the two subjects that intrigued me most(religion and psychology).

The Professor made us go around the classroom this morning announce our name, classification, major, and our experience with youth. I immediately tensed up. (our experience with youth, o my gosh, what will i say?) It was then that i realized, Megan you teach Jr High Sunday School and you've been doing it for a year... say that. I don't know why i never thought about it going into the class, but i'm so glad he made us do this activity. I know it may seem stupid and insignificant, but it opened my eyes to the fact that i can use this stuff i'm learning right now where i am.

You think God had a plan for me signing up for this class and being with Jr High Girls at the same time? Surely.

I was already very excited and interested about the class initially because any religion class is worth it to me. I focus more in those classes than in any other. But now i'm even more excited! And guess what? No tests! Just activities for learning... yay!

I only have 2 classes on Monday/Wednesday. My next class doesn't begin until 1 o' clock.

I've had some pretty long evenings the past 3 nights... each of them totally unexpected. Since i no longer have to go to chapel and had a beautiful break until my next class i came home and took a nap.

Yes. A nap on the first day of school.

I want to be prepared going into the school year. I don't want to be exhausted and tired already when i'm only beginning my classes. I had to talk myself through the nap... haha. No, i'm really fine!

*{I just got back home from my 1 o' clock class... i figured i'd share a little about that one too. I've had this professor before so i knew what to be prepared for going in. It's funny the level of comfort i felt walking into this class and having to introduce myself to everyone rather than the class this morning. Some of the same people, obviously same ages, yet me feeling different because i'd been there before... probably says something about me. (possibly that i don't like change or new things) In this class we had to do the same thing - name, classification, major, hometown, but also something that you do that people think is crazy. The class is Abnormal Psych so that's why he added on the last interesting fact. When it reached me i listed off the first four and then for the life of me couldn't think of anything crazy to say that i do.... i mean i know i do ALOT of crazy things. Such as worrying too much, doubting, having really bad anxiety, making list after list after list, etc. But i don't think that's what he was looking for. "umm and something crazy about myself? I don't really know. I do have many things that are crazy. I'm a pretty crazy person, but i just can't think of anything right now." IDIOT! That's me! He moved onto the next person.}*

Please pray for me as i make friends. It may sound silly, but it's not something that comes easily for me. (i'm sure it has something to with self-esteem issues or something) I need relationships. I want them. To grow. To learn. To be there for someone like i want someone to be there for me. To love... etc.

I have no excuse now that school has started and all the college kids are back in town. It's now time to jump on board. Your prayers will be greatly appreciated.

I love you all. Have a great week!

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17

No comments: