Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Decorating

Today was supposed to be my last day of work this summer, but Shannon was so nice and let me have the day off. Not that i needed it, but oh how i enjoyed it! Sleeping in is beautiful to me. I love not having to wake up to 'beep beep beep'.

My friend, Stacy, is wanting to redecorate her dorm room for her last year of college. I asked her last night what her plans for today were and she said, "Bed Bath and Beyond". Can i just say, YUM!

She had her eye on a bed set that she found online from this store, but before we set sail and wasted many miles of gas, she decided to call and check to see if they had it.

They did not.

sigh...

We went to Longview and started searching! I was much more relaxed today than i was picking out things with my mother and sister. Not sure why?

I had my eye out for everything brown and blue, or anything that would go with brown and blue. These are my plans for my bathroom!

It all started this summer with some amazing fabric and ribbon i found. The fabric caught my eye because there were 5 different patterns using all the same colors. I'm not normally a pattern person, i usually stick to solids. (ever seen a picture of me? I guarantee you i have on a solid shirt... no prints.) But i was loving the whole same color, many different designs thing. The ribbon was brown, light blue, khaki, white, and torquoise stripes... it matched the fabric perfectly! I couldn't resist! I bought a brown towel, the fabric and the ribbon. I came home and put together a towel with my last name on it... using all of these things! I was very pleased with myself! It actually came together and looked great!

And now i'm redoing my bathroom! :)

I've gotten to the point in my life where i want everything to look warm, mature, grown up, inviting, elegante (yet not the 'oo i can't touch that it might break' kind of elegant)... you know?

I have many many plans and pictures in my head for this bathroom, but i don't know if i will be able to pull it off. I've never done anything like this before. It could turn out to be a huge disaster...

While we were looking today i oohed and ahhed over every little thing i came across.

I found a brown wicker half cirlce laundry basket that fits up against the wall... LOVE IT! I found some decorations for the counter. ahh ahh ahh...

I didn't buy anything yet though. Just glancing and dreaming. Making a mental picture in my mind. Searching for good deals.

Right now there is so much crap on our counters - gross. My plan is to clean out all the drawers and cabinets and throw away everything! The hair supplies, blow dryers, straighteners, curling irons, tooth brushes, etc. will all have it's place in a drawer or cabinet - put away so that no one can see it. The only thing i want to be visible is DECORATIONS!

I'm so so so excited!

I came across a blog while visiting another woman's blog. I searched her list of bloggers and decided to pick the name that sounded the most interesting. It was a woman who is creative and loves to decorate. She uses her blog to show all of her ideas, her secrets, her cheap findings, etc. It made me ready to have my home even more! I can't wait to decorate it!

Okay that's all i guess! Just thinking outloud!

Thank you Lord for a relaxing day. Thank you for friends! Wash me clean, remove everything that is hindering me from hearing You or being in Your presence... Flood my mind and thoughts with You. Please over flow me with Your truth and guidance. I need You.

1 comment:

The Berry's Patch said...

Hi Megan,

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I've enjoyed reading yours. There are so many decorating blogs out there to get you motivated to decorate. Before you know it you'll be knee deep in projects.

Nice meeting you!

Brandee :-)