Monday, December 22, 2008

Daybook




For today... Monday - December 22, 2008


Outside my window... it is dark and very very cold for us Southern people!


I am thinking... that my day spent with Mary was very fun and relaxing. She had to finish some last minute Christmas shopping and i went along for the ride. I cashed a check from a few weeks ago and spent my birthday money from my grandparents. Appearently my birthday check never cleared the bank for two years in a row. She handed me a "Season's Greetings" envelope this weekend and told me Happy Birthday. I should have told her that i clearly do not need this money or i would have realized that i never cashed it..... but it was fun to have a little extra cash to spend on myself this evening.


I am thankful for... conversations with Mary. We kind of speak in 'Seasons' because we're so busy and neither of us pick up the phone to call the other. But no matter how long it's been since we've talked we always manage to pick up right where we left off. And i don't have issues about acceptance with her - it's just one of those friendships that you can't explain.


From the kitchen... mom is creating some delicious treats for her friends as Christmas Presents. There is stuff EVERYWHERE, but i'll be happy to clean it up tomorrow if it's still there. I've been in this cleaning mood for over a week now - and i'm liking it!


I am wearing... Texas A&M sweatshirt and Old Navy Fleece pants. Doesn't that scream warm and comfy!


I am going... to unpack my bag from this weekend whenever i am finished with this post.


I am reading... Dueteronomy still and some other fictional books that i've yet to finish. It's Christmas break maybe i'll have time to read them.


I am hoping... to be okay with myself again. Please pray for me - i'm having trouble praying for myself.


I am creating... i am not creating anything at the moment, but tonight Mary and I roamed all of the craft aisles a Hobby Lobby and my o my.... i did not realize all of the KITS and creative do it yourself things they had in there. I had visions of bonding time with my children. I cannot wait. Did i mention that i really want a family of my own? I'm ready to love my children! Is it possible to love someone that doesn't even exist yet?


I am hearing... dad doing something with the fireplace in the living room.


Around the house... my bathroom and bedroom are still clean - YAY!!! I really am trying to create good healthy habits for myself. (ones that should have been formed a long time ago) There is a ton of laundry that needs to be done, bags that need to be unpacked from this past weekend, presents still yet to be wrapped and those waiting to be opened, and a messy messy kitchen as mentioned above. Mom is finally off from work, Casie is home from School, Brandon is gone having Christmas with a friend this evening, and Dad is watching a movie.


One of my favorite things... i have Bath 'n Body Works on my mind right now because we went there tonight! Within the past year my favorite scents have changed. I now thoroughly enjoy Rainkissed Leaves, Sweet Pea, and Midnight Pomegranite. Especially the shower gel. And for my kitchen sink i would like Kitchen Lemon foaming soap. :) haha!


A few plans for the rest of the week... babysitting 7:45 til' 5 tomorrow, Wednesday off, Celebrating the birth of our Savior on Thursday (crazy that on His birthday we will be the ones getting gifts), searching for a job and whatever else productive i find to do.

A picture thought to share with you... this is my cousin Ashley! She was born very premature - 1 pound 13 ounces. She has grown so much over the past year, i couldn't believe it when i saw her this weekend. She wouldn't smile - i had to tickle her belly to get this precious little grin out!

Did i already mention that i'm ready for my own family? haha!!! LOVE YOU!

No comments: