Monday, December 29, 2008

Simple Woman Daybook



For today... Monday, December 29, 2008

Outside my window... the sun is shining through the cracks in the blinds. I'm not sure about the weather i haven't been outside today.

I am thinking... that this is the last daybook post for 2008 - with 2009 right around the corner i am reminded of the fact that it's time to get a job. Finding one has been way harder than i expected.

I am thankful for... the time spent with my handicapped cousin over christmas. I didn't want to leave when it was time to go. He's only 4 years old, but has the best laugh in the world. He was a little shy when we first arrived, but I got down on the floor with him, started grabbing toys, and he opened up. I can't wait to see him again.

From the kitchen... a fridge full of leftovers from Game Night yesterday evening and a dishwasher that needs to be unloaded.

I am wearing... black cami, brown long sleeve t-shirt, blue soffe pants, hair down

I am going... to clean out the vanity in my bedroom and send it out to dad's shop (with all the other junk that needs to go but mom can't get rid of). Then i am going to hang my mirror and figure out something to complete that corner of the room.

I am reading... my new ESV study bible - I LOVE IT!!!

I am hoping... to hear His voice and wisdom - still working on some personal issues.

I am creating... not really "creating" anything - but i do have some ideas for my mother since she wants to remodel the house. I think our house is big enough, I don't think it would be wise to add anymore rooms. Instead i think we need to part with some things that we aren't using - that would open up a ton of the storage rooms that right now are currently holding junk. Then you can fix the rooms to function in whatever way you want - office, music room, scrapbooking room... i just really like logic and wise decisions. No need to spend a ton of money.

I am hearing... the tv which is on the HGTV channel, the fire place, the rocking chair that i'm sitting in squeaking, and mom loading the washing machine.

Around the house... we actually cleaned yesterday, but still there are things that could be done. Laundry is a never ending task, along with dishes. There are towels starring at me from across the room - i am about to get to those.

One of my favorite things... watching people laugh - genuinely laugh. We had so much fun playing games last night and laughing with (at) each other. I love game night! I'm not much of a group person - I can be, but i think it has to be in the right environment. I was in charge of organizing the food last night, planning the games, and even explaining them. Not because anyone asked me, but just because i love doing it. Weird how warped my brain can be (majority of the time)... I'm working on it! I can take charge when certain people aren't around - what is the deal?

A few plans for the rest of the week... finalizing my schedule for school, searching for a job, working on the vanity/mirror project, babysitting Tuesday, New Years Eve Party, and anything i can do around the house.

A picture thought to share with you... I am on my sister's laptop so let's see what i can find.


Me and Casie at the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield Missourri this past summer. She let me fix her hair that day - i love doing hair, but she never lets me. It always makes my day when she actually lets me mess with it! I'm also a sucker for people playing with my hair... it's so relaxing!

Want to read more Simple Daybooks?

1 comment:

Karen Bickerdike said...

i laughed out loud when i read your final line about people playing with your hair. I AM THE SAME WAY! In fact, I have been known to pay my kids to play with my hair on the couch. I know---crazy!

hey, i love getting to know you on your blog. maybe we can work in a coffee or something one day and get to know each other in person.