Tuesday, December 2, 2008

i need a title

Well i turned in my research paper yesterday. And i gave my presentation for my Missions class today. It went very well - a friend even mentioned that he thinks i have the potential to be a good public speaker. BWAH HA HA!! Good one! Now that's funny! Appearently my paranoia about making sure everything would flow and make sense came through very well to the audience. I'm just super glad that everything is done. All i have left this week is to turn in a project tomorrow morning for my Youth Ministry class. I've had it done for 4 days now, but tomorrow morning at 9 AM it will be out of my hands and no longer my problem. Gotta love that feeling!

The concert was also amazing! You would think with my love for music that i would be a big concert person, but honestly i'm not really a concert-goer. I think growing up i was selfish and it was all about me, so i never cared to watch anyone else sing or perform. Then when i got in college i had to attend 25-35 concerts a semester (the boring ones) and so i got burnt out or something. Thankfully i've grown a lot since both of those incidents. But even still haven't been to many concerts within the past 2 years. But last night was great! Beyond great!

His presence was there.... i felt like i could sense his Real-ness. Do you know what i mean? To think that the Word became flesh - HERE ON EARTH. To think that He walked on this same earth that i walk on.... only many years earlier. And to know that He is REAL. And get this - coming back one day for people like me and you! That same God who was here a long long time ago... He is coming back one day. I can't grasp it..... MAN!

Mark Hall has a book out called Lifesong.... i believe that's the title of it. And it tells the story behind each of his songs. Ever since i heard his heart, perspective, and passion for life I can't help but like him and his music. Once again, a genuine person - my gosh it just speaks volumes to me.

Watching them sing to our Father in heaven and encourage others across this huge arena to do the same increased the desire in my heart. It made me want to do it even more for the rest of my life. That would be so much fun!

Well i need to go to sleep, gotta get up at 7 in the morning... and i can't hit snooze. But i leave you with the lyrics to one of Casting Crowns songs. Enjoy!


"While You Were Sleeping"
Casting Crowns

Oh little town of Bethlehem
Looks like another silent night
Above your deep and dreamless sleep
A giant star lights up the sky
And while you're lying in the dark
There shines an everlasting light
For the King has left His throne
And is sleeping in a manger tonight

Oh Bethlehem, what you have missed while you were sleeping
For God became a man
And stepped into your world today
Oh Bethlehem, you will go down in history
As a city with no room for its King
While you were sleeping
While you were sleeping

Oh little town of Jerusalem
Looks like another silent night
The Father gave His only Son
The Way, the Truth, the Life had come
But there was no room for Him in the world He came to save

Jerusalem, what you have missed while you were sleeping
The Savior of the world is dying on your cross today
Jerusalem, you will go down in history
As a city with no room for its King
While you were sleeping
While you were sleeping

United States of America
Looks like another silent night
As we're sung to sleep by philosophies
That save the trees and kill the children
And while we're lying in the dark
There's a shout heard 'cross the eastern sky
For the Bridegroom has returned
And has carried His bride away in the night

America, what will we miss while we are sleeping
Will Jesus come again
And leave us slumbering where we lay
America, will we go down in history
As a nation with no room for its King
Will we be sleeping
Will we be sleeping

United States of America
Looks like another silent night

No comments: