Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday School

Hey Sisters!

I don't know that i've ever had this much on my plate at one time and honestly i'm a little overwhelmed by it. The Sunday school lessons that we usually use are on an online program where you go in, print it off and prepare. I didn't have time to do that this week so i pulled together bits and pieces of the 'Can We Talk' bible study and created a lesson for my Junior High Girls.

I was a little nervous about it because i didn't know how they would respond to it, but it turned out great! One of the girls had tears in her eyes as we poured over these verses.... she even asked if we could do it again next week instead of our normal online program that the youth minister picks.

Talk about lighting up my heart!

Teaching Sunday school is one of my favorite things. I do have issues with relationships - but when it comes to loving these girls there is no question or doubt about it in my heart. I truly love them. I don't feel like i have to be anyone. I don't try to sound smart enough. I don't search for acceptance. None of the things that i'm usually trying SO hard to let go of are an issue when i'm teaching/sharing/learning with them. Deep in my heart i feel like i love them and i want to get the message across to them. And that's who i want to be everywhere i go.

I love the opportunity that i get every Sunday to sit with these girls and simply be REAL. Genuinely me. I've been with this same group for a year and a half now and it's amazing to be able to see growth. It is becoming a place where they are actually sharing prayer requests and opening up.... i can tell the Lord is working and it's amazing because it's nothing about me. All i do is pray, prepare, show up, share my heart, be real, and ahhhh... i am overwhelmed by it all. I don't want it to end.

Just wanted to share with you all that the 'Can We Talk' lesson went over great with my girls this morning. They loved it and i'm amazed! Keep on studying! Love you all!

No comments: