Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Alabaster Jar

i know i posted the lyrics to the song Beautiful the other day, but after i posted them, i went and read through each of the songs on the cd.... sometimes we can get so caught up in the music that we lose the meaning behind the song.... Music is amazing, and God can do so much through it, but sometimes it's so routine. Let's get out of just singing through things, lets truly dwell on the words and mean it from the bottom of our hearts. I wanted to post this song because it is one of my favorites... May i live my life like this!

Alabaster Jar

This alabaster jar is all i have of worth
I break it at Your feet Lord, it's less than You deserve
You're far more beautiful, more precious than the oil
The sum of my desires and the fulness of my joy

Like You spilled Your blood,
I spill my heart as an offering to my King

Here i am, take me as an offering
Here i am giving every heartbeat for Your glory
Take me

This time that i have left is all i have of worth
I lay it at Your feet Lord, it's less than You deserve
Though iv'e little strength, though my days are few
You gave Your life for me so i will live my life for You

Worthy, worthy, You are Worthy.
Worthy is the Lord.

No comments: