Sunday, May 11, 2008

love.

I joined the college sunday school class today, because the youth were busy doing a fundraiser for Mother's Day.... o how i miss being in this class and hearing others wisdom.... i'm not just saying that, i truly miss this class.... I've been praying for this next year, wether God wants me to continue teaching or to go back and be in my own Sunday School class....

anyways - Cari spoke about Love today.... one of the questions she opened with was, "how do you know when you love someone?"

...long pause ......

ha. no seriously.

She was very excited and full because of what she felt like the Lord had shown her through scripture... i love that. She shared her discoveries with much excitement, but I'm going to skip all the way to the end of the lesson and share the verse that she closed with...

1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

immediately, given the circumstances and situations i'm going through... someone popped in my mind. not that they werent already there... but this person lives this verse out everyday! To me this person loved me more than anyone in this world ever has ( and in the back of my mind am afraid to say that i'm scared any one ever will ) and they never had to utter those three words that every one longs to hear.... It was the way they chose to live their life, the way they selflessly put their desires/wants/needs on the back burner and served others. Not just me, but EVERYONE that they came across... The fact that i could feel the love from this person without them ever speaking it verbally to me... i dont even know what to say... i can't even finish that sentence, but that's love! And that's exactly what this verse is saying....

i remember one time talking about how love is a process... you have to choose to love, learn to love.... love isn't just a feeling. I think so many people when asked the question above about "knowing" when you love someone, base it on how they feel.... but i've learned that i dont love my Father in Heaven because i wake up FEELING it for Him everyday.... somedays i have to choose to sacrifice others things. somedays i don't feel like doing the right thing, or maybe even reading my bible... but i do it because i want to know my Father, i want to Love Him... no matter how i might feel in the moment. You can tell when someone is truly passionate about something, because they will lay everything aside for it - no matter what.

Lord teach us to love.... what it truly means to love... how you intended it to be... o my heart longs for that.... we beg for your wisdom and truth.... Fill us with your Spirit! Thank you Father!

No comments: