Friday, May 16, 2008

Psalm 119

I sat out on the deck enjoying the warm sun and read through Psalm 119... it's actually pretty long, but it is filled with SO much good stuff... haha!! As i read through the words of this Psalm, i felt like my heart was saying YES Lord, yes!! this here is my hearts cry... I figured i would share a few (actually a TON) of the verses that my heart seemed to relate too... sometimes it gets repetitive, but that's how you know something is truly important to someone... they say it over and over to make sure you get it.... (and i will make sure to put some line breaks... that way your eyes won't be hurting to bad...)

Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord. Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart. They do nothing wrong; they walk in his ways. I will praise you with an upright heart as i learn your righteous laws.

How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you, O LORD; teach me your decrees.

Open my eyes that i may see wonderful things in your law. I am a stranger on earth; do not hide your commands from me.

Let me understand the teaching of your precepts; then i will meditate on your wonders. My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word. Keep me from deceitful ways... I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws. I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.

Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.

I have sought your face with all my heart... The earth is filled with your love, O LORD; teach me your decrees.

Teach me knowledge and good judgement, for I believe in your commands. You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees. The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.

Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands.

Save me, for I am yours....

Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long. your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me. I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes. I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts. I have kept my feet from every evil path so that I might obey your word. I have not departed from your laws, for you yourself have taught me. How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Accept, O LORD, the willing praise of my mouth, and teach me your laws. My heart is set on keeping your decrees to the very end.

You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes. Because I love your commands... I hate every wrong path.

The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. Make your face shine upon your servant and teach me your decrees. Streams of tears flow from my eyes....

Your statues are forever right; give me understanding that I may live.

May my cry come before you, O LORD; give me understanding according to your word. may my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. May my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous. May your hand be ready to help me, for i have chosen your precepts. Let me live that i may praise you...



Lord, help me to hide Your words in my heart... don't hide Your truth from me... Your plan for my life... i need You so bad... Your guidance... Your peace to know that i'm heading in the right direction... o Father teach me your ways... Fill me with Your desires for my life... I long for You... to hear Your sweet voice!

Let our hearts cry out to the Lord....

No comments: