Thursday, May 15, 2008

crossing paths...

today was a busy day compared to my regular days.... it consisted of me going to class, coming home and doing some chores, fixing my hair (that's a whole nother story right there), picking up zoey, getting my hair cut at the salon, meeting stacy, going to longview (for 2 books, a cd, and some yummy roadhouse), heading back home, and practicing at Immanuel with mom dad and ricky..... Finally at the end of the night, i get to sit down, read, and blog. I've really enjoyed blogging lately.... it helps to free the mind!!!



I went to Lifeway tonight and got the last 2 books in Francine's a lineage of grace series.... i'm super super super excited! This next book is on Bathsheba - so far with each book i pick up, they get more interesting.... i think i like one, then i read the next and i'm like ooo this one is better! Hopefully i won't get my hopes up and be disappointed....



I went with some friends to Longview Tuesday night and we decided to get our hair cut at JCPenney's.... let's just say mine didn't go over so well! But for some reason when i was there it didn't matter to me.... i was more aware of the fact that i felt like God had assigned me to this certain stylist for a reason... you always hear, everyone you come across was put in your life for a reason... that was on my mind as she was fixing my hair.... so the fact that my hair was jacked up didnt matter to me.... i know - seems odd!!!



As she was shampooing my hair we got to talking about college and how i was graduating next May.... she smiled and said, o i know you must be so excited and ready for that day.... i said actually i'm pretty nervous, because i dont really have a clue what i want to do yet, or where i will go from there.... she seemed confused and was like well what is your degree - so i explained that i am just a general studies major which is basically for people who don't have a clue what they want to do, but want a degree anyways.... then i made the comment, "but i know that it's all going to work out..." She said something back and i could tell she didn't understand... i wanted to say, i know my God is soveriegn and He is in control and so in that sense, i know that everything will work out when the time comes.... But something about her having scissors and being in control of my hair made me afraid... no haha just kidding!!! but something inside of me was afraid of rejection... i didn't know how she would react to me talking about God... This is when i felt like God had brought me to her for a reason.... it's not about my hair cut, it's not about anything else except the fact that here i am right now, with her, and she is wanting to talk to someone SO bad.... she talked my ear off more than anyone i have EVER met at a hair salon. My heart broke for her.... i sensed that she needed love and acceptance from someone, and she was searching for it everywhere. My heart broke, but at the same time i felt SO thrilled to be used by God.... i made sure that i showed her that i cared and was interested in what she was saying, and i thanked God for the opportunity to just be used, even in the tiniest way.... i want my life to be FULL of those moments!!! O how fun and thrilling they are.....

Later in our conversation she said the sentence, "but i thank God He has given her that opportunity." I was like okay God, she acknowledges you... i dont have to be afraid anymore. one of my friends walked up and started talking with us... she said she had been reading my bible while she was waiting on me to get done.... the hair stylist just sighed and was like "OOOOOO i like what i'm hearing, o you dont hear that very much..." then she started talking about how everyone living under her roof had to go to church growing up.... although i felt like she was just saying it to show me that she believed in God, or was a good person.... something just didn't sit well.... I felt so bad for this woman... I kept talking though, smiling, laughing with her, just showing her that i enjoyed her company... i thanked her SO much for doing my hair, twice... and then we left and went on our way.... who knows why God brought her across my path... but it has made me think about how i need to be more confident, NO MATTER the situation i find myself in, NO MATTER how scary the person seems, or the rejection may look.... I need to speak of the One and Only God, the Savior, the Comforter.... so many people are out there looking for attention, searching for something to fill that void - next time hopefully i will step up to the plate and not be afraid to speak on what i believe... it doesnt mean i have to sound spiritually smart, have all the right words, or be over powering... just love the person.. come down to their level and show them true genuine LOVE!!! God will do the rest....

needless to say... i went to another hair salon today, and my hair is fixed now... although it is totally shorter than i wanted... this is probably the shortest i have EVER had my hair... since birth at least.... O WELL!! it was worth it!

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments: