Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pearl

I couldn't find anything to blog about tonight... actually struggling with alot of issues in my heart and mind. I read this in Matthew 13:45-46




The Kingdom of Heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.




I remember going to those stores where you can get those cards with the origin and meaning behind your name. I still have one somewhere, but am not sure i could locate it at the moment. Reading these verses tonight reminded me of my name. Megan is of Greek and Welsh Origin. It is the Welsh form of Margaret, meaning Pearl. I decided to google the meaning of names and see if this was accurate. Turns out all the sites said the same thing.
Here are the list of meanings they gave for Megan - Pearl, Great, Mighty, Strong and Capable. First off, i was like oooo Pearl... they're pretty! Then, i was like strong? what does that have to do with a Pearl?
In William Young's - The Shack - he says, 'Pearls are the only precious stone made by pain, suffering and finally, death.' I did a little research to see just how a pearl is made... I'm not sure if i figured it out quite right, but what seems to be is that a pearl is made from an Oyster. A parasite or organism gets into the oyster shell and them through some process (the death of the oyster) a pearl is made. 'a pearl is created spontaneously by nature — without human intervention — or with human aid'. (wikipedia) Can i get a BIG ol' plus on that! My Father in Heaven created me, NO ONE ELSE. And He created me JUST the way He wanted me and intended me to be... and i am precious to Him! I am His Pearl! He even says in His word that I am worth it... worth the price... even death on the cross! Through His death, we have life, and we are His pearls!
A pearl is the only 'gem' the can be worn in its natural form, there is no need of cutting, reshaping or designing. (from lankalilibrary.com) I like my findings! God formed me, He created me for a purpose, He has given me specific gifts and abilities so that i can be used by Him, He has given me everything that i need to accomplish what He has called me to do... He is my STRENGTH - in Him i am strong and capable of whatever He calls me to do... through the life that He gives! it isn't neccesary to try and recreate or redesign me. Psalm 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. God made me exactly how He wanted me. If i seek Him, He will reveal to me His plans and His purpose... In Luke 9:23 Jesus says, "if anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For wheover wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it." I have to die daily.... to be who God wants me to be... to experience life to the fullest.... and upon dying, i realize that i need a Savior. Death is beautiful - it brings us to the Lord. Death brings strength... but not human strength, strength that comes only from the Lord and His Holy Spirit.
Revelation 21:21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. In God's word He explains the gates of Heaven like single Pearls... Jesus says, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6 Is that not amazing? Jesus is the ONLY way we get to Heaven, He is the gate, He is the single Pearl... We have to go through Him... That is SO beautiful to me! God is worth it! It is worth it to die daily just to know Him! But not only is He worth it, He lets us know in His word by how much He loves us, that we are worth it to Him too. We are His pearls of great price!

So here's a little recap : Like this verse in Matthew says - The Lord values us greatly... He went and sold everything and bought us.... how much did it cost? DEATH! Through the Lord's Death we were given Life! He is the ONLY way to Heaven, the Pearly Gate! Pearls are created through death, and we are His pearls! He gave up EVERYTHING and bought us with that ultimate price - Death on the Cross. He created us beautifully and with Him as our strength we are mighty enough to do anything. He is our Pearl - We are His! We should give up everything for Him! He gave up everything for us! We must die today!

We are strong, we are capable, we are beautiful precious stones!

I love you, O LORD, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and i am saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:1-3

2 comments:

jessy said...

Thanks for the compliment on my boy. He is a sweetheart, if I do say so myself. ;0)
P.S. Of course, I remember you from P.C.! But you were just a little girl then. Gee, that must make me OLD.

CDJ said...

I LOVE THIS POST!
The research...the scriptural parallels...the recap!

What an encouragement...thanks.